Do I Need A Tenant Bond

Under the Residential Tenancies Act 1986 a tenant bond is law and must be paid by the tenant to the landlord, and the landlord must lodge the bond with the Department of Building and Housing. The bond is held and is insurance for the landlord if the tenant damages the property or fails to pay the rent. The money is paid back to the tenant at the end of the rental agreement.

, ,